Shipments Are Delayed Due To Covid19 Outbreak Orders Will Dispatched After Lockdown. Thank You For The Orders & Supporting Us Stay Safe @ Home.
About Pongamia Pinnata Plant
Pongamia Pinnata Plant is a legume tree that grows to about 15–25 metres in height with a large canopy which spreads equally wide. It may be deciduous for short periods. It has a straight or crooked trunk, 50–80 centimetres in diameter, with grey-brown bark which is smooth or vertically fissured. Branches are glabrous with pale stipulate scars. The imparipinnate leaves of the tree alternate and are short-stalked, rounded or cuneate at the base, ovate or oblong along the length, obtuse-acuminate at the apex, and not toothed on the edges. They are a soft, shiny burgundy when young and mature to a glossy, deep green as the season progresses with prominent veins underneath. Flowering generally starts after 3–4 years with small clusters of white, purple, and pink flowers blossoming throughout the year.
Pongamia Pinnata, Karanj, Indian Beech, Pongam Oiltree, Karanj, Honge, Pungai nuga, Naktam.
HOW TO PLANT
- Choose the point which is sunset
- Prepare the field by digging a hole i.e twice as wide and deep at the root ball
- Before planting fill the water in the bud hole and watch how fast it drains
- Care should be taken at the time of planting water should drain from the dip hole
- If the water will drain fast the plant will survive some periods of flooding
- Care should be taken at the time of planting the root ball should be dry, if it is wet the plant will get damage
CARING AND MAINTENANCE OF PLANT
- Water the trees deeply through the long top root
- Before watering the plants the top surface of the soil should be dry
- Continue irrigation for 2 months prior to flowering and then resume once fruits begin to produce
- Give the nitrogen fertilizers 3-4 times per year
|Botanical name||Millettia pinnata|
|Climatic condition||Tropical to sub tropical|
|Fertilizer use||Organic manure|
- Pongamia Pinata treat malaria caused by Plasmodium falciparum.
- The leaves of the tree exhibit anti-inflammatory qualities as well as anti-diarrheal activity;
- Pongamia prevents ulcers by protecting damage from aspirin.
- Pongamia provides diabetic patients with a safer anti-hyperglycemic drug.